How to clear the browser cache for a page
How to hard refresh?
Chrome, Firefox, ...
- Windows/Linux: Ctrl + F5
- Mac: hold down ⌘ Cmd and ⇧ Shift key and then press R (or Hold ⇧ Shift and click the Reload button besides the address bar)
- Ctrl + F5 (or hold the Ctrl key and press the Refresh button)
To be more complete ...
A hard refresh will usually flush the page cache in the browser, though occasionally completely clearing the cache is necessary.
- Open your page with Chrome, press the Ctrl + Shift + I keys (Option + Command + I if Mac);
- Then press the Refresh icon (hold it without release for about 2 seconds): it will pop up a dropdown menu shown as below:
- Click the "Empty Cache and Hard Reload".